Saturday 23 January 2010

I Don't Believe It!

Taken from The Condo-I-Love-To-Hate file [mongo-strocity condo they are building next to heritage firehall].

[Ed note: to see some earlier rants on this same topic, may I suggest "So Long, Yorkville", or, "Still Hanging In"]

I understand the poor babies (rich babies, actually) who are purchasing these things expressed concern that the fire engines will be just too loud for them to enjoy their caviar and whatever you drink with caviar parties.

So - get this - the fire engines are kaput! They have to find a new home.

Give me a freakin' break. I was shocked.

Luckily, the building will remain [probably turn into a caviaremporium or something] but the firefigthing service must go.

Not that I am wishing harm upon anyone, but I think you can see that the potential for delicious irony exists here......

[In one of the earlier posts, I commented that smallest unit is 2,000 square feet and starts at 1 million dollars. Today I learned that the penthouse just sold for...... 35 million dollars.]

2 comments:

Gord Tripe said...

I wonder what quaint homes and small businesses were torn down to make way for that condo building I saw recently on Collier St. near the King Palace restaurant? Boy, I bet it's occupied by oil company executives and the like - Yorkville wreckers!

Urban Cowboy said...

I hate to say it, but it was the old Morrissey Tavern. Where I had my first pint of Keiths.......

I didn't know....I didn't know.....