Thursday 1 December 2011

Mmm...Veal Sandwich....

With eggplant and hot peppers.

When I used to live in this neighbourhood, this was my favourite Saturday lunch.

Of course, now that I'm retired, I didn't need to come down here on a madhouse Saturday....

...but, I got the goods.

What a place to feed off the energy of the crowd.

The St. Lawrence Market, in the old part of Toronto, is a sight/sound/smell emporium.

And oh, almost forgot - taste.

Whether you like seafood or farm food, there's lots and lots from which to choose.

Thems are some good size crabbies.

And lobster and muscles.

Even on a blustery late November day, people still flock outside to eat their veal sandwiches.

Hmmm...wish I hadn't eaten it all now, and could have another for lunch today.

Well......one way to solve that - git your boots on, Senior Jubilado!

3 comments:

Rob Greenfield said...

Muy bien, Senor Jubliado!! I love that market too. Haven't been there in years. In fact, I've hardly been to Toronto in years, and when I'm there - it's BUSY!!

FINS UP2 said...

Such a compelling story... I went out and got a Sintra's veal sandwich for lunch. Mmmmm... Dead baby calves. What a treat!

Krys and Paul said...

Love St Lawrence - apparently one of the top markets in the world! I love markets and Toronto is getting so many more every year - almost as good as Paris! So exciting - mouth-watering in fact. Thanks for the photos - we're in NZ at the moment.