Thursday 8 May 2014

Oh Boy! Don't Get Me Started..... Again

So no sooner had the city laid down beautiful pavers all along Yorkville Avenue this fall (and how much did that cost?)....


...than they are ripping them all out again. What?

One by one.

By hand.

I asked the supervisor, what happened?

The darnedest thing.  Seems they forgot to put enough sand in between the pavers.

[Now I would have thought that would have been pretty near the start of "Laying Pavers 101", but I guess I would have thought wrong]

So with the winter, they have now shifted and chipped.

So right from Yonge over the Bay St. they are pulling them all up.

One by one.

By hand.

(Oh, I already said that.)

And replacing the chipped ones.


After seeing the look on my face, the supervisor said, "Uhhh...the contractor is paying for this, don't worry."

Oh, I worry.

It's what I do.


2 comments:

FINS UP2 said...

Rob Ford must have been on crack to approve this type of wastage. Interlocking brick is not a durable product and is really suited for walkways. Salt and snowplows will kill it quickly. Expect this to be an ongoing issue for fancy dancy Yorkville.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Fins up2! YOWZA! what a hugely expensive project.. usually $10-$12 per sq.ft in the usa... with this particular pattern being even more expensive... and yes, even I know you put "sandlock" in between the paver - although for street traffic??? wow... (Pat from Joisey) because I can never remember my Google password...